What is Methamphetamine?
Methamphetamine (also known as Meth, Desoxyn; Crank, Crystal, Glass, Ice, and Speed) is a potent sympathomimetic agent with therapeutic applications. Acute, high doses lead to enhanced stimulation of the central nervous system and induce euphoria, alertness, and a sense of increased energy and power. More acute responses produce anxiety, paranoia, psychotic behavior, and cardiac dysrhythmias. The pattern of psychosis which may appear at half-life of about 15 hours and is excreted in urine as amphetamine and oxidized as deaminated and hydroxylated derivatives. However, 40% of methamphetamine is excreted unchanged. Thus, the presence of the parent compound in the urine indicates methamphetamine use.
Methamphetamine Drug Test Procedure
To use a meth drug test kit you will need a collection cup and follow this procedure:
- Collect urine from the donor in a disposable collection cup.
- If the collection cup has a temperature strip read it and make sure is between temperature range.
- Remove the bottom cap from the meth drug test card and submerge the drug test strips in the urine.
- AVOID passing the arrow when submerging the single drug test card since this can flood the test and invalidate the drug test.
- Once all the lines in the C (control) area appear you can read the bottom lines in T (test) area.
- To interpret results in the single drug test card follow the image below
CLIA Waived Methamphetamine Drug Test