What is Cocaine?
Cocaine - derived from leaves of coca plant, is a potent central nervous system stimulant and a local anesthetic. Among the psychological effects induced by using cocaine are euphoria, confidence and a sense of increased energy, accompanied by increased heart rate, dilation of the pupils, fever, tremors and sweating. Cocaine is excreted in urine primarily as benzoylecgonine in a short period of time.
Single Cocaine Drug Test Procedure
To use a single panel drug test kit your will need a collection cup and follow this procedure:
- Collect urine from the donor in a disposable collection cup.
- If the collection cup has a temperature strip read it and make sure is between temperature range.
- Remove the bottom cap from the single drug test card and submerge the drug test strips in the urine.
- AVOID passing the arrow when submerging the single drug test card since this can flood the test and invalidate the drug test.
- Once all the lines in the C (control) area appear you can read the bottom lines in T (test) area.
- To interpret results in the single drug test card follow the image below
CLIA WAIVED Cocaine Single Drug Test